05 Mar What is the Bundle and Save Discount?
How bundling your home and car insurance with the same insurance carrier can save you money.
Bundle and Save ads are everywhere, interrupting your favorite podcast, popping up when you’re scrolling Facebook, and requiring your attention before your ESPN app lets you watch last night’s game highlights.
While these constant ads are a little annoying, saving money by bundling your home and auto insurance does actually sound like a great idea. Plus, as you’ve been told repeatedly, it’s easy to take advantage of this discount program.
But now you’re online searching “Bundle and Save Discount” and you have some questions about this program. That’s where a knowledgeable and local independent insurance agent, like McClure Insurance Agency, Inc., can help.
Not sure your current provider offers the Bundle and Save Discount? Wondering how much you’re really going to save by bundling? Curious if there are more benefits—or any disadvantages—to bundling your home and auto policies with the same carrier?
We are happy to answer these questions and more. Below, we provide some general information about the Bundle and Save program, but you are always welcome to call us at (413) 781-8711 for personalized assistance with your home and auto insurance needs.
How does Bundle and Save work?
It’s already been made abundantly clear to you that bundling your home and auto insurance with the same carrier can save you money. But how exactly do you bundle? Working with a local, independent insurance agent, like McClure Insurance Agency, Inc., is a good place to start. We make the process much easier and do all the heavy lifting for you, including:
Review your current insurance policies. If you have separate carriers for your home and auto insurance policy, we identify which one offers a Bundle and Save Discount and how much you might save by moving both policies to their company.
Pro tip: Are you already with a single insurance company for your home and auto policies? Please don’t assume that you’re getting a bundling discount. Let McClure Insurance review your policy details to make sure that you are getting these well-deserved credits. If your carrier doesn’t offer bundling, we work with many top insurance companies who offer Bundle and Save, as well as numerous other discounts and credits.
Shop around for the best Bundle and Save Discount. The only thing better than saving money is saving more money! We know you probably don’t have the time or desire to contact numerous insurance companies seeking the best deal, and luckily you don’t have to. The team at McClure Insurance is dedicated to finding out if we can get you an even better bundling deal than the one your current insurance company is willing to offer.
Pro tip: So how much can you save bundling home and car insurance? It’s difficult to say for sure, especially without knowing certain specifics about you, like where you live, the type of home you reside in, the make and model of your car, your driving history, and other important factors. However, in general, the bundling discount that insurance companies offer can range from 5% to 25%. That’s a big swing in savings. For example, let’s say your combined auto and home insurance premium is $1,500 per year. If one insurance company offers a 25% savings for bundling, that equates to $375. That’s several hundred dollars more than a carrier offering just 5% (or $75) in savings. So, it really can pay when you enlist McClure Insurance to evaluate which insurance company is going to give you the best Bundle and Save Discount.
Manage switching your policies to the insurance company you’ve selected to Bundle and Save with. At McClure Insurance, we help you make an informed decision about moving one or both of your policies to a different insurance carrier to take advantage of the Bundle and Save Discount. Then, we take over the process of transitioning your policies. However, that’s not all we do.
We make sure that the coverages in your new policies match or exceed those of your current policy and that you continue to have the same, or even better, level of protection. We also do our best to ensure there are no surprises, financial or otherwise, when you make the switch by following up on:
- Cancellation fees. We will alert you if we think you may be charged a fee for canceling before your old policy’s end date.
- Reimbursements due. You may be due a refund from your current insurance company if you’ve already paid all or some of your policy premium and are canceling before the policy’s end date.
- Closing coverage gaps. We make sure that your new policy begins on the same day your old one is canceled. This is critical because any gap in coverage, even for just 24 hours, can result in higher insurance rates in the future and leave you highly exposed in the event you’re involved in a car accident or someone is injured at your home.
Pro tip: Did you lease your car or borrow money from a lender to buy it? If yes, then as your insurance professional, McClure Insurance will remind you of any notifications you are required to share with your lender or leasing company should you change your car insurance company. The same goes for informing your home mortgage lender if anything changes with your homeowners policy. These lenders are financially invested in your car and home, so they want to make sure that their assets are always protected by the proper insurance coverage. Don’t worry, we can help you request that proof of insurance be sent to your lenders or leasing company.
All of these steps are certainly things that you can do yourself. However, the team at McClure, with over 90 years of experience, will assure that all your i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed for a smooth transition.
McClure Insurance Agency, Inc. will help you access all the benefits of the Bundle and Save Discount.
While saving money is definitely the number one benefit of bundling your home and auto insurance, there are several other factors that make this discount an excellent choice for almost everyone.
- It’s not just for homeowners. Bundling savings are out there for renters and condo owners too. A multi-policy discount is typically available when you combine your renters or condo insurance and your auto insurance with a single carrier. In addition, some insurance companies give you a discount for any combination of two or more policies, such as motorcycle and boat, boat and RV, or condo, motorcycle, and boat.
- It makes insurance far less of a hassle. When all your policies are with the same insurance company, that means there’s only one place you need to go to manage your account, pay your bills, and get help with a claim. And, thankfully, just one account password to remember.
- It’s possible that you will pay only one deductible instead of two. Let’s say a severe weather front comes through your area, knocking down large tree limbs which damage your home and car. Without bundling, you would have to pay both your home and car insurance deductible before your insurance company helps you pay for the remaining repair costs to your car and house. However, if you do have both policies with the same company, it’s possible you will only be required to pay one deductible. Although it might be the larger of the two deductibles that you have to pay, it’s better than paying both!
By bundling your home and car insurance, we think you will be amazed by how much you can save. Exactly how much? Let the McClure Insurance team do the legwork and find out!
Please contact us for more information about the Bundle and Save Discount and other car and home insurance discounts that you may qualify for. As your local, independent insurance agent, we are dedicated to minimizing your time, money, and frustration with the insurance process.